Monday, May 08, 2006

A Day At The Races



Myself and Kieran had a great idea to go to the Greyhounds on Saturday night and win some money. First problem was not having a clue what we were doing and the second problem having too much money to do it with.



I tried every trick in the book, including throwing a pen at the form guide and throwing the form guide in the bin. 10 races and I didn’t pick one winner. At least Kieran got one race, but unfortunately it was the first one so he thought he was on a roll……



We did have a few winners in the group, with Gav standing out more than others. He picked a trifactor which happened to pay nearly 50/1 and had $10 on it. Do the math.. Cheers for the round of drinks mate.

Another winner was Kelly, who’s first win went something like this..
Kelly- “Dec, I asked the bookie what are those numbers beside the dogs. He told me that if that dog wins that’s how much money we pay out. So I bet on the one with most money.”
Myself, Gav and Kieran had a laugh about this as obviously there is a reason that a dog is at 10/1.
Number 6, $50 up for Kelly and 3 dumbfounded blokes later…….



The night ended in Kinsellas with me being thrown out. Conversation with the manager who was a red head chick went something like:
Me to Redhead- Excuse me, but do you read books?
Redhead to Me - I do, yes !
Me to Redhead - Have you red pubes?
Redhead to bouncers - Get that knob out of here !!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home